Crosley CR8005A is tailor made for those music lovers who wished they’d have a portable turntable for natural and clean sound. This turntable has a number of features to impress you. Firstly, the design and appearance combined with solid and bright colors makes it quite attractive.
Secondly, sleek brief-case design of this turntable makes it portable and smaller than other turntables. The belt-driven turntable also offers connectivity, multiple speeds and durability. With so many features available at such an affordable price, I’d definitely buy this piece.
#2. Belt-driven Mechanism with 3 Speeds
You cannot expect a belt-driven record player below $100 to deliver 3 speeds, because the motor needs to work at precise speed. With Crosely CR8005A Cruiser Turntable, you can run your records at all three speeds.
Product Specifications and Features
- NP6 sapphire needle for clear and rich sound.
- Wood construction wrapped in leatherette briefcase for disturbance-free sound and extra protection.
- Dynamic full range speakers can deliver a sound like your home stereo. You can also hook up external speaker system to this device and get powerful sound.
- Plug in your MP3 player on the rear of Cruiser Turntable and enjoy rich natural sound.
- You can plug in your headphones to this turntable and enjoy listening to your favorite vinyl albums.
- The tone arm is not automatic, requires manual adjustment.
- At price under $100, this record player offers 3 speeds; 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM and 78 RPM, while many other models offer one or two speeds.
- Lightweight of just over 5 pounds for portability.
- Good thing about Crosley CR8005A Cruiser Turntable is its lightweight and portable design. You can carry it anywhere and listen to your favorite records on the go. You can enjoy outdoor parties with its full range speakers, or plug in your headphones to enjoy music in isolation.
- You can listen to MP3 players and music files stored in your smartphones, but natural sound has its own flavor. Plus, on long journeys you cannot risk running your smarphone’s battery out. Either way, Crosley CR8005A complements as a great record player, giving you rich sound and saving your mobile phone battery on long journeys.
- Unlike most models, Crosley CR8005A runs on 110 volts. So, it’s a good way to save energy, especially when you’re an audiophile consuming major portion of your day listening to music.
- Belt-driven turntables, especially those available in the price range of Crosley CR8005A Turntable, do have vibration issues and sound hiccups. But this model offers a rubber pad to absorb vibration, giving cheap yet effective solution to unnecessary hiccups.
- Crosley CR8005A is ready-to-use. Unlike most models, this model doesn’t require assembling or any kind of installation.
- Most of all, it delivers rich and natural sound due to some high-quality components, yet it’s available at fairly reasonable price. So, if you’re a new comer in the world of vinyl record players, Crosley CR8005A can give you a good start.
- The belt-driven record player may have produce weak sound or have other performance flaws. That’s only because of inaccurate voltage. So, better buy a voltage converter to get consistent 110 V for smooth and consistent performance.
- The components of this record player cannot be upgraded, which can be a real concern in long term. However, at the price range under $100, you would rather go for new model than upgrades.
- The use of sapphire stylus may not be safe for some vinyl records, specially the old thicker records.
What Other People Think About the Product?
Crosley CR8005A Cruiser Portable Turntable has received moderate to positive record player reviews from customers. Customers have highlighted many things; good, not so good, and bad, about this model. Satisfied customers have recommended this model for those people buying a vinyl record player for the first time. It’s more suited for on-the-go and outdoor music, so you should give it a try if you travel more often.
One highly satisfied customer who’s also a verified buyer of Crosley Cruiser Turntable, said that the record player required minimal assembly, as most of the components had already been there at there places. The record player has been recommended for size, portability and sound quality.
On the other hand, there were some negative reviews pertaining with poor sound and record damaging, but these concerned have also been answered quite clearly. Seems like these customers didn’t read the manual and FAQs before using this record player. For any issues, you can contact the manufacturer and claim the warranty associated with this particular model.
So, with all those negative and positive customer feedback, I deduced that this particular model has some features that need improvement, but then the price will also rise. In my view, if you have a tight budget and you don’t want to waste it on average quality record player, buy this model.