Audio Technica is a name of quality, modern craftsmanship and natural sound, and if you’re an audiophile, this brand needs no introduction. The brand has launched yet another outstanding turntable that offers more than an ultimate music experience. AT-LP60USB is smart, lightweight, compatible and affordable and everything in it is meant to deliver the best listening experience.
One can only say AT-LP60USB is one of the best record player after observing its features over a certain period, and I’d say, it really is the best. Below, you can read why you should also have this marvelous piece.
#1. USB Port and Mac/Windows Compatibility
This feature makes this lightweight and portable record player compatible with lots of external devices, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs. You can connect your MP3 player and listen to high quality music, or simply covert vinyl albums to MP3 files without relying on special drivers.
#2. Built-in Preamp with Stereo/Phono Switch-ability
Yet another feature worth mentioning, the built-in preamp of AT-LP60USB is stereo/phono switchable, can connect to your home stereo system via phono level or magnetic level output. The belt driven turntable has dual-magnet integral phono cartridge that helps produce high-performance sound that can reach an output level of 2.5 mV at 1 kHz. So, if you have those high-powered speakers or home stereo, you need an amazing record player to enjoy powerful and ambient sound.
#3. Specifications and Features
- Refined and high-sped DC servo controlled motor helps belt-driven turntable run automatically. it maintains smooth and precise speed to give you obstruction-free and crystal-clear sound.
- Anti-vibration aluminum turntable platter for smooth belt-driven spins
- Integral magnet-phono cartridge has replaceable diamond stylus that will keep your vinyl records scratch free.
- Fully automatic operation prevents you from handling and damaging your LPs. AT-LP60USB operates at two speeds 33-1/3 and 45 RPM, enough to run most of your favorite albums.
- AT-LP60USB Fully Automatic Turntable runs at consistent speed and maintains signal-to-noise ratio below 50 dB which is the recommended standard.
- The lightweight of just 6.5 lbs makes it portable. You can connect your Audio Technica head gears to listen to the music on the go.
- Accessories include; USB cable, 45 rpm adapter and 3.5 mm mini-plug stereo adapter cable.
- With all those features, this smart yet powerful record player also offers 2-year warranty.
- Audio Technica AT-LP60USB Turntable with Automatic Belt-driven operation is definitely worth a try. It offers multiple connectivity options at such a low price. Other similar belt-driven models wouldn’t come close in terms of price and durability.
- Belt-driven mechanisms have vibration issues, and that’s why AT-LP60USB is so different from ordinary record players. The cast-aluminum platter of Audio Technica AT-LP60USB Turntable offers better anti-vibration because of its vibration absorbing feet. It helps create a disturbance-free sound.
- With its built-in stereo/phono preamp and professional phono cartridge, the record player is compatible with all industry leading speaker brands.
- You don’t want your LPs to get scratched or damaged. AT-LP60USB takes care of this by introducing diamond stylus with fully automatic function, preventing human handling and keeping the records for longer period.
- USB connectivity and professional LP-to-MP3 recording via Audacity software are features that are not normally attributed to low-profile record players. But this model has and that’s what makes many customers go crazy about it.
- You can listen to the music and record it at the same time. That’s a big plus about this turntable.
- Unlike other belt-driven models AT-LP60USB operates at two speeds which may concern a few audiophiles. However, customers have not mentioned it as a flaw.
- Instead of the ports, AT-LP60USB has RCA wires that are short. So you need to place your turntable close to the receiver.
What Other People Think About the Product?
An overview of customer reviews indicated that the belt-driven turntable has been quite popular because of its USB connectivity, amazing sound and affordable price. For most of the audiophiles around, AT-LP120 is a good way to start using turntables. They recommend it more for recording vinyl albums to MP3. A customer mentioned that the turntable can give you a good beginning but its motor may go through wears and tears with time, that could affect the pitch.
One vinyl lover say he liked fully automatic operation and performance of this turntable, even though he’s a “seventies child” spent most part of life with analog. The customer looked satisfied with simple assembly and sound quality of AT-LP60USB turntable. Another customer thinks AT-LP60USB is excellent at such an affordable price. He recommends this product without reservations.
So, what else remains for me here, other than recommending this amazing little record player to new customers? The choice was easy.