One of the best ways to begin your journey into the world of vinyl records is by knowing who’s the best manufacturer in the market. You probably must have heard about the brand called Audio Technica, or must have seen their logo on stereo systems, head phones, powered speakers and record players. The brand is everywhere and there’s even less competition when it comes to vinyl turntables.
AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable System is one of the modern and well-acclaimed turntable models attributed to the genius of Audio Technica. The model has some remarkable features making it stand out for obvious reasons. One obvious reason is, customers like it simple. Why do they like it? You can read below.
#1. Fully Automatic Turntable
That’s not the case with AT-LP60. Its automatic operation makes it sophisticated and belt-driven operation is cheaper than direct-drive or other mechanisms. You can learn play your records with minimal handling, because that’s the only way to prevent vinyl records from scratches. The turntable system is durable, lightweight and come with very cheap price.
#2. Connectivity and Compatibility
What makes a turntable more attractive is its connectivity with audio systems. The more options you have the better it is for listening. Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Belt-Driven Turntable offers switchable preamp, allowing you to connect your turntable with stereo systems that have RCA phono or RCA line connectors.
That means, you can connect this turntable with all kinds of powered speakers and home stereo systems available in the market. Or, if you like to listen to your favorite music in isolation, you can plug in your headphones to this system.
#3. Specifications and Features
- DC servo controlled motor for smooth belt-driven operation
- Fully automatic operation offers two speeds; 33-1/3 RPM and 45 RPM
- The built-in user controlled phono pre-amplifier delivers up to 150mV at 1kHz, 5cm/sec output, giving you powerful sound.
- The record player has metal platter dual magnet phono cartridge.
- ATN3600L diamond conical stylus helps create crystal clear and natural sound. It is replaceable and gives you an option upgrade the sound quality.
- The dynamic tone-arm offers soft damping control, preventing disturbance
- Accessories include; a removable dust cover, 45 rpm adapter and 2 adapter cables
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty for protection against wears and tears
- Light weight of just 5.3 lbs makes it easy-to-carry
- Minimal assembly and no installation of drivers.
- With everything automatic, you just need to plug in your device and push the “Start” button. The turntable requires no installation of drivers.
- Well-refined and high performance motor is all what a turntable needs to ensure smooth and consistent automatic operation. AT-LP60 consists of DC servo controlled motor that operates the belt-driven mechanism at two speeds; 33-1/3 RPM and 45 RPM. Vinyl records can be run on three speeds, so you can run most of them on your turntable.
- According to audiophiles, this turntable can be used with professional studio monitors, because it delivers super clean sound with great noise-to-sound ratio.
- Another benefit of AT-LP60 is, you can use it with simple voltage converter if you’re not getting 120 V current.
- Unlike most turntables, this model doesn’t require much of assembly and installation.
- For most of the customers, this turntable is not expensive with all those features.
- Although, the ATN3600L stylus delivers natural and clear sound, but if you’re a pro, you’d replace it with a better ATN3600DLX stylus for finer and cleaner sound.
- You may be concerned with small RCA wires, and have to put your turntable closed to audio receiver. However, with 2 extra cables, you can take care of this issue.
What Other People Think About the Product?
Just to give you an idea how popular AT-LP60 is, it has received 2,138 record player reviews from online customers, until the time of writing this review (Nov 24, 2015). After looking at 4.4 stars out of 5, there’s no need to say that all those 2000+ customers have been extremely happy with this fully automatic stereo turntable system.
Anyhow, you may be interested in going deeper and see why they look so happy. You’d know they’re bluffing if they don’t highlight a flaw, and this product does have one or two minor flaws. For instance, one customer highlighted his product’s start/stop button wasn’t working.
Well, interesting thing about the review is, the buyer is not a verified one. Is he making the right claim then? That’s something to think about. One the other hand, some verified users of AT-LP60 believed otherwise. It doesn’t go simpler than that – no installation and no assembly, just plug and play!
So, I can only recommend this particular model to all those who’ve just entered the world of vinyl records and LPs. Take less risk and buy something that requires minimal manual handling.