It’s all professional from the looks, features, simple-looking structure, easy-to handle mechanism, connectivity ports, accessories, and most importantly, the powerful sound. In AT-LP120, there is everything what a professional DJ wants, and that’s why more than 1500 Amazon customers gave it a huge thumbs-up.
#1. USB Connectivity
Experts believe USB connectivity has been the best advancement in Turntables ever. AT-LP120 is ready-to-go with your computer (no drivers needed) which is again, a Big Plus. Whether you have a Mac PC or a Mac Book, or if you’re using Windows OS, with its Windows and Mac compatible Audacity software, AT-LP120 can digitize your MP3 files with utmost ease.
#2. High Torque Motor
Second best thing about AT-LP120 is its high torque and energy-saving motor. Why? There are certain factors that make direct-drive turntable’s motor something special. Motors used in direct drive vinyl players have no wheels or belts to rotate the turntable. This one has a high-torque DC servo, the best in the business.
So, they’re better refined than belt-driven or Idler-wheel turntables. Then, they need to maintain that precise speed pin-pointed to turn the records without causing damage to it. Add three-speed feature to it and imagine how good the motor of AT-LP120 is.
#3. Specifications and Features
- 4 x 0.7mm elliptical diamond stylus.
- The Audio Technica AT-LP120 offers 3-speed feature allowing you run your all sizes of vinyl records at either 33-1/3, 45 or 78 RPM.
- Frequency response range of 20Hz – 20kHz with a channel separation of over 20dB at 1kHz
- To ensure smooth and precise motor movement for 7-inch and 12-inch records, the record player consists of quartz control pitch lock.
- High-performance standard phonograph cartridge that offers natural and professional sound.
- Professional head-shell offers mechanism protection, preventing it from dust and dirt.
- The pitch adjustment feature ranges between +/- 10 percent and +/-20 percent expanding your sound options.
- The locking mechanism, hydraulic-action lift, antistake adjustment, height adjustment and adjustable counterweight combine to form an S-shaped tone-arm assembly.
- For visual assistance, pop-up stylus light and stroboscopic speed indicator is available
- Cast-aluminum platter has anti-vibration feet
- Last but not the least, the record player offers 2-year warranty
With all those impressive features, Audio Technica AT-LP120 is surely an ideal record player to have under $300.
- Audio Technica At-LP120-USB Direct Drive Turntable is extremely versatile record player. Customers have been quite satisfied with the ultimate listening experience of this device.
- Unlike other direct drive record players, Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB Turntable offers better anti-vibration due to its high quality cast-aluminum platter with vibration absorbing feet. It helps create a disturbance-free sound.
- The record player is compatible with industry-leading powered speakers. The preamp is a big plus that’s been missing in other similar models.
- When it comes to running old songs from 1960’s and 70’s, there is no better vinyl player that reads their grooves well enough, and gives them the natural voice.
- The USB connectivity combined with Audacity software is considered to be the attention grabbing feature of this turntable, making it a record player of new era.
- The tracking force with the range of 1.5 – 2.5 grams is another positive of this turntable, adored by many customers.
- One prominent drawback of Audio Technica AT-LP120 is its fully automatic feature, and customers who liked semi-automatic record player have their concerns on it.
- The turntable appears to be slightly expensive for few customers, but because of all the features, the price is worth paid for.
- Assembly of At-LP120 can be a little bit painful for those who haven’t used a direct-drive turntable before. So, keep the instructions manual with your while assembling the record player.
What Other People Think About the Product?
Overall, Audio Technica AT-LP120-UB Direct Drive Turntable has received highly positive feedback from online customers, yet some niggling points have also been raised by them. One customer pointed out that the audio cables were too short and he had to purchase extra pair of couplers.
Another customer raised his concern that the stylus was quite difficult to change. However, there were no such complains mentioned by others, so these issues aren’t the widespread one. Another customer expressed his admiration, saying that he spent majority of his life in time when digital sound was not introduced. He likes to listen to LPs and has many vinyl albums. The customer finds AT-LP120-US Turntable the best mechanism to run his vinyl records.
So, my job became easier with all those reviews, to recommend Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB for great listening experience.
Incoming search terms: